Oct 9, 2010

Hard to get any work done!

I have been working from home this week.  Problem is, I get distracted when I'm home.  The dishes need to be done.  I could run a load of laundry.  The weather is perfect for a walk.  And the list goes on!  Sometimes I am good at blocking out the distractions and am quite productive on my work.  This week was a not one of those weeks.  My biggest distraction this week was the fun birds outside my window!  There must be a delicious bug crawling on our grass because these tiny sparrows are having a field day out there.  Occasionally a robin will join in the fun.




They dip and soar, search and feast.  They fly from the trees to the grass and up onto the fence.  Their twittering to one another is an upbeat melody of happiness and friendship (yeah, I'm personifying these little friends, but they are all playing nicely so I'm making the assumption that they are joyfully singing to the Lord and to one another).  I have spent time each day this week standing at the window and watching their shenanigans.  Thank you Lord for telling them the party's in our yard!  I have been blessed!



No comments: