Oct 1, 2010

The Fable of the Porcupine

A fable is a fictional story told for the purpose of sharing a moral.  This story beautifully describes the relationships I have with many ladies!  God is best seen when we bear with one another in love as we continue to be sanctified in this life.


The Fable of the Porcupine



It was the coldest winter ever -  many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together.  This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions even though they gave off heat to each other.
After awhile they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. This way they learned to live with the little wounds that were caused by the close relationship with their companion, but the most important part of it, was the heat that came from the others.  This way they were able to survive.


Moral of the story:
The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but the best is when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities

5 comments:

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

I've never heard this one before. Did you write it? (Being dreadfully long-winded, I appreciate your ability to deliver a powerful story so concisely!) Great job.
And can I say that I have never seen such adorable porcupine pictures in all my days!!!

Kristi said...

I did not write this. It was passed on to me and I am not sure who the author is or I would give credit where credit is due. The only part that I wrote is the beginning before the pictures. And yes, I LOVE the pictures!!!

Rachel said...

Great fable! Love it. And that itty bitty porcupine is so adorable. I didn't know they could be that cute. :P

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

I like that too!! And there is something so sweet about that middle picture with his little feet poking up!

Unknown said...

This is a great story and reminder. And that porcupine is just too cute!