We were given a turkey (hubby's annual Thanksgiving/Christmas bonus from the company where he works). It was a biggie weighing in at 18+ lbs! We cooked it for our Christmas dinner. We'll have 2 days of turkey leftovers/sandwiches. Even with all of that eating, there is still plenty of meat left on the carcass so today I prepared 2 batches of turkey stock to freeze for some wonderful soup next month. Here's how I did it . . .
1. Put half of the meaty carcass in a large stockpot. Quarter 1 large onion and sprinkle on 1/4 tsp garlic salt. Add 8 cups of water and simmer covered for 90 minutes.
2. Pour stock and turkey into double boiler pot. Let cool. Prepare to pick the meat off. I confess, I hate this part. It's just plain icky!!
3. Put bones and misc icky bird parts in one bowl. Put chopped up good meat in another. Work your way through the carcass. Freeze meat and let the stock cool.
4. Ta-Da! Two delicious meals prepped and ready to go. Once stock is cool, pour into bags and freeze. I'll post the rest of the recipe when we enjoy our first round of soup. This is one of my husband's favorite meals! Wonderful on a cold winter's night!
変態熟女倶楽部鳥取近所出逢いGPS|アナルプレー
6 years ago
3 comments:
YUM! Turkey soup!
I always debone my turkey before making stock/broth. Either way, it's not a fun job! When my brother was here for Thankgiving, he did it for me!
You're so smart! I never think to do things like that.
I don't mind de-boning a cooked bird. I get icked out by the raw bird!
Esther - don't get me started about raw poultry. *shudder*
Post a Comment