For my day-to-day go-to favorites, I keep them in this little box on my counter.
But then there are the recipes that I cut out of magazines or download and print off the internet. Those have been piling up and now I have an unruly pack of them. So my plan is to use another expandable file folder to corral them into a place I can actually find and use them.
Problem is, I already have one full file folder and I hardly look through it. I only head there when I'm sick of the tried and true recipes and need a little break in my weekly menu planning. So will I use the second one if I go to the trouble to organize it? Tell me how you organize. And how do you make sure you are using all of the fabulous recipes that you find?
On a side note, a few years ago, my mom gave me a super cute Holiday recipe binder. She is super organized and puts in hers all of the holiday recipes she uses. Holidays roll around and she just grabs the one binder instead of hunting high and low for that fabulous salad recipe that was a hit three years ago. It's just all right there in her book! Mine has been blank and waiting - until now! I wrote out all of my holiday recipes and included my standard menu and how long it took to prep and cook each part of the meal! Can't wait until next year! :)
4 comments:
i use a 3 ring binder, page protectors, and tape. yup, i tape recipes onto paper and stuff it in that page protector.
oh yeah, i don't put a recipe INTO the page protector until i've tried it. i clip it onto the inside front cover until i try it out.
My recipes are in dire need of organizing! I've been stuffing them into the front pocket of a binder. I need to figure something out. It's been on my list of things to do. Maybe when I get it figured out I'll blog about it! :-)
I clip mine and put them into a file folder. My goal for years has been to get them organized into a binder...I figure I'll hole punch the ones that are a full sheet of paper and slide the others into a page protector. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll work on mine next week.
Post a Comment