We as a family have shared so many great times together, and so many memories include family meals together. Whether getting together for the holidays, or cramped in the tiny camper, to the day-to-day meals that mom prepared to take care of us all . . . I hear from so many of my friends how they never had family meals or ate while in front of the television growing up (they will never understand the simple thrill of getting TV dinners in front of Pippi Longstocking). We are truly blessed to have spent so many good times over so many great meals.
We sat down at the kitchen table to eat dinner every night as a family (and it honestly was a rare thing to eat in front of the TV long before the days of VCRs when you actually had to watch a show at the time it was on. Mom would put down a towel on the living room floor and we had a little picnic on rare occasions. What a treat!!!)
So tonight I began my quest and cooked my first item from my new cookbook. I decided to go for a new recipe from one of C's friends. As I blog my way through this cookbook, sometimes I will share recipes. Other times, I will share memories (and you'll have to buy the cookbook once I convince him to publish it). I can't wait to cook my way through the year. C - I love you and am so thankful for this gift! You are the best brother EVER!
Tonight I bring you Mrs. Mad Dawg's Spicy Chicken!
Ingredients:
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
1/2 cup crushed Rice Krispies
Procedure:
Preheat oven to 400.
Dip chicken in egg; coat with combined remaining ingredients.
Place in a shallow, greased baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes.
My review:
Yum! This was easy to make and the coating was tasty! You could taste the spice but it wasn't overwhelming. Before my hubby remembered that Mad Dawg is the nickname of one of my brother's friends, he said he was expecting his eyes to water with a name like Mrs. Mad Dawg's Spicy Chicken. He proclaimed that it was more like a Mad Chihuahua! Ha!! Thank Mad Dawg's mom for this recipe! We will make it again!
4 comments:
Interesting! The rice crispies is something I've not seen as a chicken coating before!
I know! Not your typical Corn Flake coating! :) But they were good!
Looks delicious! What a great present!!
I think this is such a cool idea, Kristi! I can't wait to follow all your recipes! :)
Post a Comment