Jul 15, 2011

Fun Summer Messages


When my mom was here visiting last month, we went into a small shop where they had this cute idea!  Scrabble pieces set out to leave little messages to those in your life - a "Welcome" for friends visiting, fun "I love you" messages for (and from the hubby), a "Thank You" message from friends invited to a party!  The shop was selling the wooden boards for $10 each and the pieces were some outrageous sum (but I forget what it was) PER PIECE!  So on another outing, mom and I went to a thrift store and bought a Scrabble set for .75!  It includes 4 boards and a plethora of pieces.  For some messages, the hubby and I have found we need some extra letters so I'll be on the lookout for another Thrift Store set.  I also bought a cute jar to hold the pieces, but I didn't have room to pack it into my carry on from CA so my folks will bring it up on their next trip to visit.

What messages would you leave using the Scrabble pieces at your house?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a fun idea! My mom would really like that, I'll have to giver her the idea!

Peggy said...

Kristi, this was a really neat idea!