Nov 16, 2010

Remembering tonight

Mother-in-laws tend to have a bad reputation.  Many jokes are made about them and eyes roll when someone mentions "the mother-in-law."  I was blessed with a GREAT one!  She loved me deeply and always enjoyed the time we spent together.  She had such an adventurous life and I liked hearing stories about it and the time when my DH was a little boy.  She was always eager to share stories with me!

2 years ago today, she entered heaven.  Tonight we're taking time to remember her and reminisce with my sister-in-law about funny things she said and did (and her love for Elkhounds).  We feel the loss deeply.  Tonight we're celebrating her by having some of her favorites for dinner (T-Bone steak, her WONDERFUL Persian rice recipe, Naan and a salad).  We miss you, Judy, and look forward to our reunion in Heaven!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm sorry your mother-in-law is not with you. She sounds like such a wonderful woman! {{{hugs}}}

Esther said...

I have an amazing mother-in-law, too. I can't imagine losing her. (((Kristi)))