Sep 3, 2011

Padded iPad Covers

My work just gave our departments new iPads!  While I am still trying to figure out the whole new world of apps and touch screens, I decided that my iPad couldn't continue to travel around in the box it came in.  So off to the internet I went to look for cases.  I looked and I looked for one that might work, but they were expensive and I decided to make my own!  As I tried to figure out a pattern (I made my own), I only needed to rip out one section of seam when I figured out how to make the closure.  After sewing up the sides and I was turing it right-side-out, I was saying a prayer that the iPad would fit and I hadn't made it too narrow.  It slide in like a glove!  A perfect fit!!

Yesterday it made its debut at my office and I now have 3 orders from my coworkers to make one for them!




 I actually bought this fabric to make into a skirt to wear with my brown boots in the Fall.  Won't I be the sight to be matchy-matchy once I make the skirt!  Ha!

1 comment:

Karon said...

A ha! I can finally leave a comment! I couldn't figure it out the other day. I LOVE these covers you made -- I'm sure your co-workers were thrilled! Great job, lady! :)