The hubby and I used to live where hummingbirds were PLENTIFUL! I'll post pictures another time of our feeders at our previous home. They were always loaded with these tiny, cantankerous birds. If you'd be out on the deck, they would swoop in on you to scare you away from their feeder. We spent many evenings outside watching their antics and enjoying the show!
Fast forward to our new home (which isn't so new anymore). This is the first summer we put out the feeders. I figured it was just too hot here for these little ones to survive. So the feeders were out for a week or more and no action. I was starting to think about cleaning them out and putting them away when one evening, he came! Our first little visitor to the feeder! Since this visit, we have both seen him at various times of the day. We aren't sure if it's always the same hummingbird visiting or a couple of different ones, but they excite us every time we see one!
Welcome to our feeders!
No comments:
Post a Comment